2016-2017 Meeting Program Schedule for Bitterroot Chapter Trout Unlimited
The public is welcome to attend all Bitterroot TU meetings. Unless noted, meetings are the third Thursday evening of the month, at 7:00 PM at the Hamilton Elks Club, located at 203 State St in Hamilton. A tentative schedule (subject to change) is:
Here is the list (subject to change), but I am also attaching a pdf of the program schedule:
- September 15, 2016 – Colin Cooney, Trout Unlimited, Montana Field Coordinator, Helena, MT “The Smith River mine: a Montana treasure in peril.”
- October 20, 2016 – Kim Vietz, Executive Director, Teller Wildlife Refuge, Corvallis, MT, “Teller Wildlife Refuge: pioneering private land conservation in the Bitterroot Valley.”
- November 17, 2016 – Kellie Carim, PhD, National Genomics Center for Wildlife and Fish Conservation, USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station, Missoula, MT., “E-DNA: tracking trout with DNA and modern molecular biology.”
- January 19, 2017- Marissa Sowles, GEUM, Hamilton, MT, “Resuscitating the Clark Fork River to restore a wild trout fishery.”
- February 16, 2017 – Bruce Farling, Executive Director, and David Brooks, Director of Conservation, Montana Trout Unlimited, “Montana trout conservation: where are we and where are we going?”
- March 16, 2017 – Jeremy Anderson, DDS, Victor, Montana, “Scouting for giant tarpon in Gabon and off the west coast of Africa.”
- April 20, 2017- Brett Bowersox, Fishery Staff Biologist, Idaho Fish and Game, Lewiston, ID, “Wild steelhead monitoring and management in the state of Idaho: keeping Idaho chrome.”
And don’t forget we will be having dinner with the presenters, BRTU members and friends at 5:00 pm at the Spice of Life. Long-time BRTU support Karen Suennen will donate 10% of the proceeds to BRTU.
- Information for Spice of Life Cafe
and Catering 163 S 2nd St Hamilton, Montana
(406) 363-4433 click here for Directions
- Information for Elks Lodge 203 State
Street Hamilton, MT 59840-2522
(406) 363-3031 Click here for directions
The “U” in BRTU
Unlike many groups, BTRU has no paid staff. We are an entirely volunteer organization. We are always looking for new members to get involved in projects or to join our board and assist with maintaining our focus on native fish, clean healthy streams and education. If you would like to help out, please contact BRTU Chapter President Greg Chester at email@example.com. We could sure use your help!
In other words, how about putting a little “U” in BRTU?
If “U” are not already a member, “U” can join TU today by going to the Montana TU website http://montanatu.org/ Our chapter number is #080.
Bitterroot Trout Unlimited Chapter Officers and Board Members
Bitterroot Trout Unlimited is a completely volunteer organization. Dedicated individuals work many hours each month on boards, committees, projects and activities.
Ross Rademacher, Past President
Greg Chester, President
Scott Ziegenfuss, Vice-President
Peggy Ratcheson, Secretary
Ria Overholt, Treasurer
Dave Campbell, Jack Mauer, Doug Nation,Marlin Lewis,,Dan Dulebohn, Rob Stevens, Ria Overholt, Shelby Harness (High School Board Member), Minica Casbara (High School Board Member)
WEBMASTER AND SOCIAL MEDIA GURU
Merle Loman; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL FACTOTUM AND NEWSLETTER PUBLISHER
Dr Trout (Marshall Bloom); E-mail: email@example.com