- What: Bitterroot Trout Unlimited February 2013 program
- Program title: Spirit of the Salmon – Wy-Kan-US-Mi Wa-Kish-Wit
- When: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 7:00 PM
- Where: Hamilton Elks Lodge, 203 State St, Hamilton, Montana
- Speaker:Geoff FitzGerald, BRTU Board Member and former President
This program is open to the public, no charge for admission.
At the February 21, 2013 BRTU meeting, Geoff FitzGerald will present “Spirit of the salmon, a tour of tribal fisheries in the Deschute watershed!”
Wy-Kan-US-Mi Wa-Kish-Wit – “Spirit of the Salmon” was the plan to enhance wild salmon in the Columbia River Basin. Former BRTU President Geoff FitzGerald worked on the Deschutes for the Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation in Oregon to increase natural production of the spring Chinook salmon (sacred brother) from 2002-2005. Geoff will cover everything from adult outplanting to redds and smolts to carcasses. Plus he will reveal some angling secrets for these magnificent fish.
And, remember! BRTU will be inviting Geoff to the Spice of Life at 5:00 pm before the meeting. Long-time
TU supporter Karen Suennen will be donating 10% of the proceeds to our
club. So please come join us for dinner.
163 S 2nd St Hamilton, Montana
203 State Street
Hamilton, MT 59840-2522
Learn more about Bitterroot Trout Unlimited at www.brtu.org.